Diabetes Manual: A Guide to Diabetes Management
The Diabetes Manual has been developed by the CHSA Diabetes Service team in consultation with experts working in the area of diabetes. It has been designed to support best practice education, care and management in diabetes. Although not a comprehensive collection of protocols, the Manual will provide the essential evidence and principals that underpin practice, and therefore can be used to support the development of specific protocols in health services.
The Diabetes Manual also aims to provide advice and direction that is specific to inpatient care as well as the support and education of people self managing in the community.
These files are in PDF format, you will need Adobe Acrobat to view them.
- Understanding diabetes
- Diabetes education and support
- Monitoring glycaemia
- Competency tests (Integrated Cardiovascular Clinical Network CHSA)
- Foot Care
- Healthy eating and diabetes
- Maintaining a healthy lifestyle
- Unstable diabetes
- Long term complications
Additional information and guidelines for best practice
- Type 2 diabetes (RACGP)
- Type 1 diabetes (NHMRC)
- Pregnancy (SA Health Perinatal guidelines)
- Aged care (IDF guidelines)
- Peri-operative management (Australian Diabetes Society)