Diabetes Manual: A Guide to Diabetes Management
The Diabetes Manual has been developed by the Diabetes Outreach team in consultation with experts working in the area of diabetes. It has been designed to support best practice education, care and management in diabetes. Although not a comprehensive collection of protocols, the Manual will provide the essential evidence and principals that underpin practice, and therefore can be used to support the development of specific protocols in health services.
The Diabetes Manual also aims to provide advice and direction that is specific to inpatient care as well as the support and education of people self managing in the community.
These files are in PDF format, you will need Adobe Acrobat to view them.
- Section 1: Introduction
- Section 2: Understanding diabetes
- Section 3: Diabetes education and support
- Section 4: Hospitalisation
- Section 5: Monitoring glycaemia
- Section 6: Foot Care Newly updated
- Section 7: Community groups with specific needs
- Section 8: Healthy eating and diabetes
- Section 9: Maintaining a healthy lifestyle
- Section 10: Medication
- Section 11: Unstable diabetes
- Section 12: Long term complications
- Section 13: Pregnancy and Diabetes
- Section 14: Residential Care